[wildfly-dev] update on WildFly NoSQL prototype integration...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu May 12 09:31:37 EDT 2016

On 05/12/2016 07:24 AM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> On 11 mai 2016, at 16:02, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hibernate OGM should still be usable without WF; So maybe there should
>>> be a separate project/repo which defines an SPI to obtain/manage
>>> connections and implementations for different NoSQL stores?
>>
>> Excellent suggestion,  perhaps the SPI could be under
>> https://github.com/jboss, which is a common area for sharing.  Possible
>> locations for creating the per NoSQL store implementations could be
>> https://github.com/jboss or https://github.com/hibernate or
>> https://github.com/wildfly.
>
> I'm starting to think that this might be way overkill. If we are creating a sub project just to share between 20 and 50 lines of code per provider and the overhead code to abstract property configuration to plus OGM and WF ones, we are losing more than gaining.
>
> Thoughts ?

It could be overkill.  Mostly, I was noticing that OGM is already
abstracting some connection setup and my initial impression was that we
might like to do something similar in each WildFly NoSQL subsystem.
Then, I was thinking about whether to duplicate the code or not.  Since,
this is purely internal only, we can probably start with duplicating the
connection setup and later consider if we can (attempt) sharing some of
the connection setup.