[wildfly-dev] 10.1 Thoughts and Call for Ready Features

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Fri May 20 17:45:55 EDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

I’d like to cut a 10.1 fairly soon, preferably in the next 2-3 weeks. My thinking is to take everything that is not explicitly tagged as 11.x and merge it ASAP. Really this should just be anything that doesn’t add instability, or introduces a half-finished API that we then have to support (the obvious exception is experimental capabilities that we denote as such). This is a bit of a departure from what I was suggesting earlier, where we we would cherry-pick major items into a separate branch, so if you have any concerns now is the time to raise them.

This release would be a good opportunity to include features that are ready to go (suitable for a final release in 2-3 weeks) but didn’t make 10.0 (I have a feeling Sanne has been itching for some updates to search!). If you have something then send a PR (noting that you want it in 10.1) or raise your figurative hand :)..

Thoughts?
--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat