[wildfly-dev] Making Jandex annotation index available to components

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Nov 7 12:11:06 EST 2016

ORM 6.0 introduces changes to how we handle bootstrap-only resource like
Jandex to make sure we release hard references to them after we are done
bootstrapping the SessionFactory.  However, any version prior to that (aka
all versions used in any WF releases) do currently hold hard references to
it as part of the SessionFactory.

So having WF close the Jandex Index (or otherwise release the resource it
holds) would be a useful change until WF pulls in 6.0 after it is released.