[wildfly-dev] Subsystems changing their own configuration model

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 05:34:17 EDT 2016

On 14/09/16 11:19, Tomaž Cerar wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com
> <mailto:ttarrant at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     >> - new nodes joining the cluster (and therefore with a possibly outdated
>     >> configuration) would receive the configuration of caches already running
>     >> in the cluster and applying them locally
>     >>
>     >
>     > How does this happen?
>
>     Again, via the cluster transport.
>

> How can his be? Isn't the cache configuration managed by mgmt configuration.
> so as such would always be "latest" or does cache change its own
> configuration independently?

This would be limited to creating or removing a cache using an existing
configuration template. Example:

I have a cluster of two standalone nodes A and B with a cache X running.
A client requests the creation of a cache Y and both A and B add that.
Node C which joins the cluster later will also need to start cache X.

You are probably going to tell me that this is something Domain
management should do, or some external configuration provisioning system
(e.g. Ansible). I'm exploring the various possibilities here to see what
can be done.

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant