[wildfly-dev] Proposal to add a new management subsystem to wildfly-core

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 07:52:24 EDT 2016

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 17:12, Kabir Khan <kabir.khan at jboss.com> wrote:
>
> Thinking down the line, if we
> -do migrate everything from /core-service=management, and/or:
> -add a lot more future 'core' functionality to subsystems
>
> I don't think we want one monolithic subsystem replacing this/doing everything. For now that doesn't sound too important, but should be taken into consideration when deciding on the name of the current subsystem.

That’s a good point.
My idea was that this core-management subsystem would contain resources targeted for both servers and host controllers.
If/when we want to add features that are meant for host controllers only, it’ll be possible to add a 2nd subsystem (e.g. named host-management) that’d be provided by the same extension.

jeff
--
Jeff Mesnil
JBoss, a division of Red Hat