[wildfly-dev] Elytron Test Profiles and PRs

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Thu Apr 6 10:50:26 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have some PRs in the queue regarding additional Elytron testing in
custom test runs so I just wanted to double check we are happy with the
current strategy so I can continue merging.

Firstly as was discussed previously we have the new module in the
testsuite that has Elytron specific tests added to it, this is executed
as part of normal builds so regressions covered by these tests are
fairly easy to pick up.

Secondly we have an option to run the WildFly build with -Delytron, by
doing this some tests are automatically ignored but the testing now
switches the configuration of the server for existing tests to configure
the server to fully use an Elytron based configuration instead of the
default legacy configuration.

The PR process has also been updated so now when you submit PRs against
WildFly you don't just get an allTests run, in parallel you also get a
-Delytron run potentially picking up regressions that would not be
detected by the allTests run.

It probably is worth pointing out that although this additional testing
is not picked up in an allTests run engineers are also likely used to
skipping both the security manager tests locally and the tests for the
operating system they don't use for development.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.