[wildfly-dev] Maven 3.5.0 - any known issues?

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Mon Apr 10 04:50:02 EDT 2017

Hi *,

as you may have noticed, Maven 3.5.0 has been released recently.

While having a colored console output is nice `mvn clean install
-DskipTests` works, are there any issues/reasons known already why Maven
3.5.0 should not be used for building WildFly & Co.?

Going through the relnotes [1] I found two potential sources of issues:

(1) Replaced Eclipse Aether with Maven Resolver - this will perhaps
change the resolution in some cases.

(2) Removed the artifact handler for ejb3 - do we use ejb3 packaging in
our code at all?

[1] https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.5.0/release-notes.html

Thanks,

Peter