[wildfly-dev] Java 9, JBoss Modules, JAXP Redirection

Richard Opalka ropalka at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 06:32:02 EST 2017

Hello All,

   Yes, I have different opinion on this topic.

Options 1 and 3 are both introducing some
kind of magic into the JAXP usage picture.

Option 2 puts responsibilities where they
should be.

Since we should not predict JAXP API
users are incompetent I prefer Option 2.

Rio

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:10 PM, David Lloyd <david.lloyd at redhat.com> wrote:

> Option 1: Fix the redirection facility in Java 9
>
> Option 2: Stop using redirection in Java 9, "cold turkey"
>
> Option 3: Use a dependency strategy
>

> So far Option 1 is (unfortunately) still looking the best to me,
> overall.  Does anyone have any differing opinions on this?
>
> --
> - DML

Richard Opalka
Principal Software Engineer