[wildfly-dev] Logging Changes

David Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 18:46:43 EST 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:02 PM, James Perkins <jperkins at redhat.com> wrote:
> There will be a slight performance impact during boot. This can be greatly
> reduced if the caller calculation is disabled. This can be done in normal
> cases, but we likely can't make it the default.

I suspect we can safely disable caller calculation by default on boot,
as long as users have an easy way to turn it on.

Also I think we should consider some kind of grimy hack to bootstrap
the logging subsystem first, if it's present, otherwise immediately
fall back to properties-based config if it's absent.

--
- DML