[wildfly-dev] Logging Changes

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 16:49:20 EST 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Brian Stansberry <
brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:

> What would the system properties look like?

I'm trying to use as few as possible, but right now they are:

* org.jboss.logmanager.bootstrap.enabled - A boolean property that
determines whether or not the queuing should be done.
* org.jboss.logmanager.bootstrap.level - The log level, set on the root
logger, that messages should be logged at. The default is DEBUG for WildFly.
* org.jboss.logmanager.bootstrap.queue-size - The default size of queue.
The default is 10,000 and any messages after that will still be logged,
however the first message is removed from the stack.
* org.jboss.logmanager.bootstrap.calculate.caller - A boolean property that
indicates whether or not the caller should be calculated before the message
is queued. In WildFly we'll have this disabled by default for performance.
* org.jboss.logmanager.bootstrap.fallback.config - This one may or may not
stay. It will likely provide a path to the configuration file to use if a
fallback is needed. A fallback will occur if the JVM exists before the
logging subsystem is comitted or the logging subsystem is not available.

--
James R. Perkins