[wildfly-dev] Add a warning if some configuration change has wider impact and could cause error?

Bartosz Baranowski bbaranow at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 02:06:11 EST 2017

Hey guys.

In some cases there are/will be conf changes that might require user to make additional change, for instance [1].
In this case, if user does not edit the name in two places, when remote client tries to reach out, it will fail.

As far as I remember, there as of now, there is no formal constraint feature for config values.
I've talked with Brian about this and it seems and viable option would be to simply add a header to response.
In CLI, it would be clearly visible, in console, it would require a bit  of hacking to present
information/hint what needs to be done to configuration to make it work properly.

Any thoughts?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-1987