[wildfly-dev] Srcdeps in WildFly and WildFly Core

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jcosta at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 05:46:01 EST 2017

On 01/26/2017 11:25 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:
> Perhaps rather than a profile in the consuming project as Brian mentions, it should be disabled in srcdeps itself by default? Something along the lines that when its dependency resolution mechanism is hit, it fails unless -Dsrcdeps.enabled is passed in. Of course there is still a risk that someone adds that property to the pom by accident.
>
> Also how does this work for nested projects? Say we add this to WildFly full, and I want to test WildFly with to something which is brought in by wildfly-core (e.g. undertow, Elytron etc.). How would that work?

It works quite nicely. I remember seeing 3 levels of nesting and I'm
sure it could have even more.

It does delay the main build, though, as srcdeps builds the dependencies
on demand. It means that the first local build of "wildfly-core" that
depends on "elytron:1.2.3-src-abc123" will also build Elytron's revision
"abc123".

- Juca.