[wildfly-dev] A look at Eclipse MicroProfile Healthcheck

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Thu Jul 6 15:00:18 EDT 2017

> Am 06.07.2017 um 16:30 schrieb Jeff Mesnil <jmesnil at redhat.com>:
>
> Kubernetes distinguishes between readiness and liveness. As defined, the healthcheck API deals mainly with liveness.

Kubernetes has different semantics for live and ready, i.e how it interprets and reacts to certain health responses, but underneath its the same protocol.

With the health api it's no different: you can model readiness or liveness checks with it. I think the only constraint we are facing atm, is the usage of a single protocol entrypoint. This approach disallows to have live and readiness checks for the same node (i.e there is just /health)

Maybe we should change that to support multiple protocol entry points? These could either be custom ones or defined in the spec. For instance rather then having /health, we could introduce /live and /ready. The api underneath however would remain the same.

Food for thought.