[wildfly-dev] Prototype of Eclipse MicroProfile Config API in WildFly / Swarm

Heiko Braun hbraun at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 12:13:18 EST 2017

> At this stage, before going any further, I’m interested to know:
>
> * who is interested by this Config API?
> * who is interested to *implement* this config API?
> * more specifically for WildFly and Swarm developers, is there already any other effort around this spec?

First of all, great work Jeff. It’s good to Wildfly devs picking up on Microprofile topics. With regard to your questions:

Swarm certainly has an interest in implementing these API's and providing them to users. Actually we already have something in Swarm that resembles the microprofile ideas pretty closely and we thought of simply adapting the MP API to our implementation. But the ideas you outline here are interesting and a solution that provides mutual benefits to both Swarm and Wildfly is certainly our intention.

I think we would need to find the common ground with respect to the actual implementation and based on that discuss a strategy to move forward.

Do you think a conference call would be helpful bring everyone on the same page?

Regards, Heiko