[wildfly-dev] Provisioning a server without some core modules

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Thu May 18 09:51:02 EDT 2017

To answer my own question:

server-provisioning.xml:
<server-provisioning xmlns="urn:wildfly:server-provisioning:1.1"
extract-schemas="true" copy-module-artifacts="true"
extract-schemas-groups="org.wildfly.core">
     <feature-packs>
         <feature-pack groupId="org.wildfly.core"
artifactId="wildfly-core-feature-pack" version="${org.wildfly.core}">
             <modules>
                 <filter pattern="*something*" include="false"/>
             </modules>
         </feature-pack>
     </feature-packs>
</server-provisioning>

Note that it matches against the module.xml path relative to the modules
directory. E.g. system/layers/base/something/main/module.xml

This strikes me as odd, because neither module name comes into play nor
is the pattern a true Java pattern, but a weird mix-up.

Carlo