[wildfly-dev] strange JMX attribute values for domain servers

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 11:41:49 EST 2017

I'm seeing strange JMX attributes when looking at domain mode and its MBeans.

In short, if a host wildfly server is up and running, there is no status in the "server" MBean but there is status in the "server-config" MBean. When the server is down, there is serverStatus in the "server" MBean as well as in the "server-config" MBean.

Running a stock, out-of-box WildFly 11.0.0.Final using "domain.sh":

1. SERVER-ONE:

1a. MBean "jboss.as:host=master,server-config=server-one" has attribute "status" of value "STARTED".
1b. MBean "jboss.as:host=master,server=server-one" has no attributes at all - jconsole shows me no attributes for this MBean

2. SERVER-TWO:

2a. MBean "jboss.as:host=master,server-config=server-two" has attribute "status" of value "STARTED".
2b. MBean "jboss.as:host=master,server=server-two" has no attributes at all - jconsole shows me no attributes for this MBean

3. SERVER-THREE:

3a. MBean "jboss.as:host=master,server-config=server-three" has attribute "status" of value "DISABLED".
3b. MBean "jboss.as:host=master,server=server-three" interestingly has attribute "serverState" of value "STOPPED"

This doesn't make sense to me. I believe the "server" MBean for a started server should have a serverState of values something like "running" or "restart-required" or "reload-required". But instead, they don't have any attributes at all.

Thoughts?