[wildfly-dev] WFLY-9574 - Distribution files does not have POSIX permissions perfectly set

Romain Pelisse belaran at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 09:37:48 EST 2017

Hi,

As reported on JBEAP-12374[1], there is some discrepancies between the ZIP
file we provided for Widlfy/EAP and the RPM generate. Most of those
discrepancies - or the most relevant ones, are some fine tuning performed
on the (POSIX) privileges (things such as removing the write privilege for
member of the same group as the owner of the file).

I've looked into this and because those files are produced by our own Maven
plugin (as part of wildfly-build-tools), we can not simply modify the
assembly.xml. Which actually is probably for the best, as it would made the
assembly file quite cumbersome.

Anyhow, I've worked on a proposal[2] for the wildfly-build-tools, but when
I reported the problem on WFLY-9574[3], Brian suggested I started a
discussion here. So does anyone have a (strong) opinion about this issue
and/or how to resolve it ? :)

(For the record, I do think it is best to fix the privileges to follow what
the RPM does for us for now, but if you feel this issue should not be
addressed, and dev- the issue, I'm certainly not opposed to it either).

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBEAP-12374
[2] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-build-tools/pull/40
[3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-9574