[wildfly-dev] [proposal] Move legacy extensions to a separatefeature pack

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 11:59:48 EDT 2017

> On 28 Sep 2017, at 22:14, Tomaž Cerar <tomaz.cerar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 	• Can something like the undertow (extension) maven module in WF have a test-only dep on a legacy FP, and then use that to build up a legacy config and migrate it? I've forgotten if our subsystem test stuff supports having two separate extensions involved.
> Yes, that should be doable.

Thanks, that was a good suggestion and it works fine.

The migration tests were already using the subsystem-test mechanism to load both legacy and new extensions from the same test.
I just moved the migration tests from the legacy code to the new one and added a test dependency to the legacy extension.
This way, the legacy feature pack no longer needs any dependency to wildfly artifacts.
It makes sense to run the migration tests from the new extensions: it’s up to them to check that they can still allow migration from the legacy ones when they are updated.

After WildFly 11 is released, I’ll create a new wildly-legacy project in GitHub and open a PR to move the legacy extensions to it.

jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil
JBoss, a division of Red Hat