[wildfly-dev] Using Stax in WildFly and the javax.api module

Guillaume Smet guillaume at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 3 11:43:43 EDT 2018

Hi,

As JAXB will be removed from JDK 11, we are moving to Stax for parsing the
Hibernate Validator XML descriptors.

One issue is that the javax.xml.stream.api module, which is nicely
isolated, typically depends on javax.xml.namespace for the QName class.

Thus all the modules depending on the javax.xml.stream.api also depends on
javax.api (which exposes imageio, swing and so on). See the staxmapper or
the xts modules for instance.

I'm wondering if we should better isolate the javax.xml features to avoid
that situation?

Not a big fan of exposing the Swing and ImageIO classes to HV.

Thoughts?

--
Guillaume