[wildfly-dev] WildFly Elytron - Credential Store - Next Stages

Martin Choma mchoma at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 12:37:34 EST 2018

A few thoughts:

Real Time Updates
  - Runtime changes in era of OpenShift become less and less important
as configuration should be immutable. Runtime changes should be
addressed on OpenShift level. At least in past some of my "runtime
changes" issues were denied with this argument.
  - If this will be decided to accomplish I think it is enough when
updates take in action on explicit administrator command.

Support for Expressions
  - Really question here is if vault wasn't misused as external
configuration storage for standalone.xml holding environment
properties on one place. Which could be more convenient as specifying
bunch of system properties. If so we should address this feature
separately - way to specify configuration property file for server
standalone.xml.
  - If purpose is to really treat different arguments as security
sensitive then proposed encryption/decryption way seems promising to
me.