[wildfly-dev] Hibernate 5.3+ module name suggestions...

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Feb 22 04:40:50 EST 2018

Hi all, Scott,

the Hibernate ORM and Hibernate Search projects are now producing and
releasing feature packs, so please use them rather than re-creating a
different set of modules.

We also produced feature packs of several of our dependencies, for example
Apache Lucene feature packs have their own repository and versioning: more
flexible and consistent with the Lucene version.

We also have chosen different names; e.g. the Hibernate ORM one is called
"org.hibernate.orm" and has a slot "5.3".

Technically that's an alias, the real module has a slot with the full
version.

We also included a deprecated module using the older name which imports and
exports the new one, to ease transition.

The feature packs for Hibernate Search have been released already, the ones
for Hibernate ORM are merged in master but have not been released yet.

Of course we can still make changes to any of them, I'll try the new module
descriptors if you prefer them?

Scott: you remember we discussed including a JipiJapa adaptor within the
ORM codebase so that a matching version would be released together? This
would be a good time, so we include it, want to help me with that?

Thanks,
Sanne