[wildfly-dev] Healtchecking the Console using unit test

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 12:41:58 EDT 2018

I'm unclear on the desired architecture.

You're asking for something in the HAL codebase itself, right? Not in
WildFly.  But to test most scenarios, including authentication, you need to
have a running WildFly too, even though the HAL code you are testing is not
the code that WildFly serves. Is that an accurate summary?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 3:42 AM, Romain Pelisse <belaran at redhat.com> wrote:

> Darn, I knew I should have been a bit more verbose! :) I would like
> something a bit more evolved. I'm no expert in HAL, but I've know webapps
> to return 200 while being utterly broken. I was hoping to run a small
> scenario, maybe something as stupid as trying to log in (even a failed
> attempt, returning the proper code would be nice). Is there no way to run a
> test from the suite standalone?
>
> (I've try the usual mvn -Dtest without success, but I also need to
> configure the testsuite to run against the proper instance)
>
> If you think Curl is the better way to achieve that, I have no issue with
> it. I assume we can also use it to interact with the ReST API, right?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Harald Pehl <hpehl at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> You could try to use `curl --head http://localhost:9990/console/
>> index.html` which should return something like
>>
>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>> Connection: keep-alive
>> Last-Modified: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:27:50 GMT
>> Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 08:33:37 GMT
>>

>> On 18. Jul 2018, at 10:22, Romain Pelisse <belaran at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there a unit inside HAL code base I could use to automate checking
>> that the console is working properly after firing Wildfly? I've try to look
>> for that myself, but i've been a bit confused by the code base I'm must
>> confess.
>>
>> (I've kept it short, but feel free to ask for more context if you need to)

Red Hat