[wildfly-dev] File permissions discrepancy between zip and rpms installation (part2)

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 12:24:15 EDT 2018

I don't think it's an OS issue TBH. I just build WildFly locally on Fedora
28 and in some cases have different permissions than either distribution.
If anything I think we'd need to analyze the directory structure and choose
the appropriate permissions rather than trying to match them to a
distribution.

I do think it makes sense to have something consistent. Having the
permissions depend on who's releasing seems a bit of an issue.

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 6:40 AM Romain Pelisse <belaran at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> a while back, we've discussed the discrepancies in file rights between the
> zipfile produced for Wildfly and the one build to be embedded into a RPM
> (see issue JBEAP-12374[1] and WFLY-9574[2]). It turned out that the root
> reason for those discrepancies was due to the system being used for
> building - Wildfly being built on MacOS X and the EAP being built on
> Fedora. This means that, the default privileges attributed to some files,
> on MacOS X, differed to the one attributed on Fedora.
>
> Working on the previously mentioned issues, I have already reduced the
> number of discrapencies. However, a few remains are described, in detail,
> on the new issue (JBEAP-12374). For each type of discrepancy, I have a
> proposal on how we should fix it.
>
> The only thing I need now is agreement from a few core developer (or
> disagreement) so that I can implement (or not) those proposal (or
> alternatively, asked the RPM team to set those discrepancies to be
> "expected").
>
> So if you have the time to take a look and say "ay" or "nay", it will be
> awesome :)
>
> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBEAP-12374
> [2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-9574
> [3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBEAP-14922