[wildfly-dev] Galleon roadmap

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 06:32:26 EDT 2018

Hi Peter,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 8:20 AM Peter Palaga <ppalaga at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
>
> These are questions from a layered product PoV (WildFly Camel in my case):
>
> (1) Is it still safe to rely on the traditional feature packs?

Yes, they are still fully supported for now. Although they are not used
anymore to build the default wildfly distributions. There is a command line
argument though that allows to build the dists using the legacy feature
packs.

(2) When will the time come that we'll have to switch to Galleon?

I'd say this has to start happening now. Ideally, by the end of the summer
layered, deployed and other products that are using feature-packs should be
using the new feature packs. The sooner we start the move the more time
we'll have to adjust and identify what needs to be fixed.

Feel free to ping me for guidance here or in Galleon room on hipchat. I
used to have the docs in my personal repo on github, now that the project
has moved to its official repo I need to upload the docs somewhere official
as well. Currently the docs are in the corresponding modules in Galleon
project [1] and Galleon plugins [2].

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/galleon
[2] *https://github.com/wildfly/galleon-plugins
<https://github.com/wildfly/galleon-plugins>*