[wildfly-dev] Is there any change in module concepts between jboss and wildfly

Jan Kalina jkalina at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 04:18:04 EDT 2018

Hi, the difference (and meaning of modules/system/layers/base) you are
looking for is called layered distribution.
You can find more info here:

https://developer.jboss.org/wiki/LayeredDistributionsAndModulePathOrganization

If you have custom modules in your jboss modules directory, feel free
to keep it in the same structure, directly in modules, in wildfly.
But if you put all modules from jboss to wildfly, the resulting AS
will not be wildfly - most of the functionality will be superseded by
old jboss modules - there will be a lot of incompatibility between
some jboss and wildfly modules too, so no, this will not make the
upgrade easier.