[wildfly-dev] Generate WildFly BOMs as part of WildFly build

Rostislav Svoboda rsvoboda at redhat.com
Tue May 15 07:28:51 EDT 2018

Hi team.

WildFly and WildFly core generate component-matrix as part of the build now.
  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-10365

We should also consider automated propagation of current WildFly master
component versions into WildFly BOMs - https://github.com/wildfly/boms. I'm
especially interested in https://github.com/wildfly/boms/tree/master/client
Currently, the sync is rather complicated (manual) and not at all intuitive
to implement.
Tomaz did great job on BOMs but with his departure nothing is really
happening in this area.

Possible approaches:
1) wildfly/boms project could consume the component matrix versions without
any required interaction besides just declaring version of WildFly
component matrix and then building wildfly/boms

2) generating -SNAPSHOT versions of WildFly BOMs as part of WildFly build
(going back I know) ++ publishing just the final BOMs to
https://github.com/wildfly/boms ?

Comments / suggestions ?

Regards.
Rostislav