[wildfly-dev] PR template check

Ken Wills kwills at redhat.com
Fri May 18 15:03:23 EDT 2018

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 4:59 AM Martin Stefanko <mstefank at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Martin,

> I've created a tool [1] that validates the PR format. For now it checks
> the title and the description for the required information configured by
> regex expressions. It runs on my OS online and is configured in [2] on the
> master branch.
>
> The tool uses GH webhooks which needs to be set up in the targeting
> repository and it requires the respective OAuth token, for now configured
> through the OS secret.
>
> This is the basic functionality, I can add more checks later (e.g., link
> validity, number of commits). Any feedback is welcome.
>
> [1] https://github.com/xstefank/tyr
> [2] https://github.com/xstefank/test-repo
>>  tyr.mp4
> <https://drive.google.com/a/redhat.com/file/d/1QCeBSoviD2Xj9ycPjrH8cjwlbwEHcCji/view?usp=drive_web>

This looks like something we could use. What we really, really need is
somethign to maintain (add, at least) a whitelist of users that PRs should
auto run for & the ability to label a PR with OkToTest or something if the
user isn't already in the whitelist.

Is this something you could add to this tool? Does the GH api allow
configuration of checks to only run if the previous ones pass?

Thanks,

Ken