[wildfly-dev] How to set an authorized identity to EltyronSecurity Context

Jim Ma ema at redhat.com
Wed May 30 22:56:57 EDT 2018

On 05/30/2018 09:47 PM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> I am currently gathering together some information regarding how the
> JCA subsystem handles the requirement of populating a Subject for
> propagation into a resource adapter, however there is a general
> question about what is attempting to be achieved here.
>
> Once an EJB is secured using WildFly Elytron the associated identity
> is not accessed as a Subject instead it is accessed a SecurityIdentity
> the current SecurityIdentity can always be retrieved by calling the
> current SecurityDomain: -
>
> http://wildfly-security.github.io/wildfly-elytron/1.3.x/api-javadoc/org/wildfly/security/auth/server/SecurityDomain.html#getCurrent--
> http://wildfly-security.github.io/wildfly-elytron/1.3.x/api-javadoc/org/wildfly/security/auth/server/SecurityDomain.html#getCurrentSecurityIdentity--
>
> The SecurityIdentity has some similarity with the Subject in that
> amongst other things it also contains a collection of public
> credentials and a collection of private credentials: -
>
> http://wildfly-security.github.io/wildfly-elytron/1.3.x/api-javadoc/org/wildfly/security/auth/server/SecurityIdentity.html#getPublicCredentials--
> http://wildfly-security.github.io/wildfly-elytron/1.3.x/api-javadoc/org/wildfly/security/auth/server/SecurityIdentity.html#getPrivateCredentials--
>
> So I think the very first question is has the SecurityIdentity been
> correctly populated with any delegated credentials?  If not that is
> going to be a pre-requisite for any follow on steps regardless.
>
> Then secondly what is it that is making use of this identity?  Why
> can't it be ported to make use of the Elytron authentication client
> APIs which amongst other things provide support for delegation from
> the current identity.
>
> If we need to we can look at a conversion to a Subject but we are only
> doing that where it is really required.

   We don't have the SecurityIdentity populated, there is only principal
and subject created by jbossws/CXF's saml validator.
   We need to convert the subject/principal to Elytron's
SecurityIdentity or something else, then later on EJB subystem with Elytron
   security can retrieve this authenticated info without check it twice.
So we'd like to know how can we convert a subject/principal
   to Elytron's SecurityIdentity and let Elytron know this is already
authenticated and authorized.

Thanks,
Jim