[wildfly-dev] Action Required: Security Manager issues

David Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Thu May 31 10:47:53 EDT 2018

Now that WildFly 13 is released, I would like to ask that everyone
please take some time to prioritize and solve the security manager
related issues in their area.  These can be found using the query
below [1].  If the underlying issue is in an upstream project, please
add a "caused by" link to the project in question.

If you are not the right person to address a certain issue, then
please /cc the right person before you unwatch it to ensure that no
issues fall through the cracks.

It is my goal to have the security manager CI build [2] running
cleanly and integrated into PR processing before the WildFly 14
release.

Note that some SM problems don't appear as test failures.  I plan to
introduce a mechanism whereby all access check failures are logged and
we can review this log (perhaps automatically) on each test run.  This
however is going to be a future enhancement.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/issues?jql=(assignee%20%3D%20currentUser()%20or%20watcher%20%3D%20currentUser())%20and%20status%20not%20in%20(resolved%2C%20closed)%20and%20labels%20%3D%20"security-manager"

[2] https://ci.wildfly.org/viewType.html?buildTypeId=WF_MasterSecurityManager

--
- DML