[wildfly-dev] Static capability reference on attribute being defined / set to true

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 18:27:30 EDT 2018

Possibly relevant stuff:

https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/security/subsystem/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/security/SecurityDomainAdd.java#L163

https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/security/subsystem/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/security/SecurityDomainAdd.java#L202

Also, ages ago when I was first prototyping capabilities, I played a bit
with the transaction subsystem and IIOP because those two have an
interesting relationship. I have an old branch from that where I identified
a couple attributes that might fit this general area:

https://github.com/bstansberry/wildfly/commit/15d66e76ee66b9bb868fe64eda3f7924cd9236e7#diff-b6d27f270cf566c54b0b0875edc75536R425
https://github.com/bstansberry/wildfly/commit/15d66e76ee66b9bb868fe64eda3f7924cd9236e7#diff-356beb90ea81e63c12504948d5ea09b6R112

That branch is way out of date, so don't try to do anything with it other
than read it as a pointer to something to investigate.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 3:39 AM, Emmanuel Hugonnet <ehugonne at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> Working on messaging clustering integration i wanted to require a static
> capability from clustering if an attribute was defined. There is
> nothing to express that in the current metamodel so I introduced a
> specific CapabilityReferenceRecorder.
> I was wondering if this use-case appears in other places: like for example
> the jts attribute in transactions that would require the iiop
> capability if defined or set to true. Then i would port this code in core
> so it could be used and we could express those relationships in
> the metamodel and thus in Galleon for provisioning.
>
> Cheers,
> Emmanuel

Red Hat