[wildfly-dev] WildFly Elytron - Credential Store - Next Stages

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 09:15:20 EDT 2018

During WildFly 15 and WildFly 16 I am looking at the next stages for
credential store development based on a few feature requests we have not
handled yet.

We are at the stage where this development is likely to affect multiple
areas of the application server, additionally we need to consider these
requests as a set so we don't take a decision for one that prevents us
working on the remainder.

I have put together a blog post describing some of the general issues we
want to look into: -

http://darranl.blogspot.com/2018/09/wildfly-elytron-credential-store-next.html

Some of these changes will have an impact on any subsystem currently
referencing the credential store.

Other changes we will need to decide if the solution lies within WildFly
Elytron, the management tier of the server, or the admin tools - or
possibly a combination of all three.

I am also going to share this link in the community forums to try and
obtain some additional feedback from end users.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.