[Windup-users] Is there some Windup rule for downgrade migration cases?

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 15:12:03 EST 2015

Hi There,

We don't currently have any rules that would allow you to downgrade from a
particular EE version to another, but the tool could certainly be used for
that!

You should check out our rule-writing guide, and if you feel like it,
contribute the rules back to us so that others can benefit from your work:
http://windup.github.io/windup/docs/latest/html/WindupRulesDevelopmentGuide.html#_create_and_test_xml_rules

You can also find our current rule-sets (still working on them!) here:
https://github.com/windup/windup-rulesets

I hope this helps,

~Lincoln

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:49 PM, <windup-users at lists.jboss.org> wrote:

> Hi!
> I was wondering if is possible to use Windup downgrade JavaEE apps to a
> specific App Server (enterprise version).
>
> for example: an app developed using JavaEE (EJB 3.2, JMS 2, JPA 2.1, JSF
> 2.2, JAX-RS 2, Batch, JSON, Websockets, etc) specs taht needs to be adapted
> to be deployed in JBoss EAP 6.x in production env.
>
> Some times we see apps developed for non enterprise Application Servers
> (Wildfly 8.x, Tomcat, TomEE, etc) using JavaEE new specs/features (JavaEE
> >= 7), but when it's time to go to a production env, customer faces the
> Enterprise App Server JavaEE compatibility (eg: JBoss EAP 6.x that
> implements JavaEE6 specs).
>
> So, I would like to use Windup to highlight the need for downgrade
> specific part of the app to the JavaEE target version in the Enterprise App
> Server.
>
> any consideration on this would be very appreciate.
>
> Kind regards.
>
> Posted by forums
> Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/920091#920091

Lincoln Baxter, III