Comments inline.

Best regards,

Yavuz Selim Yilmaz
SUNY at Buffalo
Computer Science and Engineering
PhD Candidate

On Jul 31, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013, Yavuz Selim YILMAZ wrote:
Hi all,

Finally I got it working on both development and distribution apps. :)  The issue was my .p12 certificate I believe. I was using the RedHat distribution certificate that I created for StaffRoster. Though the certificate is valid (currently using for ad-hoc distribution without any issue), I think I didn't get proper .cer file for that profile. Anyway, I tried with my personal account, and had a new app, now it's working.



However, this snippet causes error:

// --optional config--
        // set some 'useful' hardware information params
        UIDevice *currentDevice = [UIDevice currentDevice];

        [clientInfo setOperatingSystem:[currentDevice systemName]];  // [6]
        [clientInfo setOsVersion:[currentDevice systemVersion]];     // [7]
        [clientInfo setDeviceType: [currentDevice model]];           // [8]

I haven't tried if it is just the setOperatingSystem line, but when I use the above code, my push server returns error saying "unrecognized field mobileOperatingSystem". Other than that, it's now working with the basic setup. :) I will play with it more, and will update if I see any issues or anything.

already fixed ; PR already attached to the reg SDK


Thanks for your helps, comments and time. Kind regards,

Thx for testing!

One question: Interested in seeing if the tutorial needs an overhaul, regarding the different certs / profiles?

Currently, this part of the tutorial on aerogear.org is not up to date as far as I could see: http://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-push-ios/unified-push-server/

I was following the instructions on https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unified-push-server readme for the server side operations. This one includes instructions for both DEV variant and PROD variant.

When I decided to start from the beginning and have a new app (the last and the working one), everything seem so smooth. I followed the instructions and got it working. But as I spent some time on this flow, I am not sure whether the instructions were complete or my past experience with the stuff made it easy.

Lastly, I felt like, if the tutorial was also talking about how to integrate the push into an existing app, it'd be better (though it's as simple as adding the pod, running pod update and importing the header).



Yavuz Selim Yilmaz
SUNY at Buffalo
Computer Science and Engineering
PhD Candidate

On Jul 31, 2013, at 11:08 AM, Yavuz Selim YILMAZ <yavuzsel@buffalo.edu> wrote:


Maven related comments are here. Comments on my next trial (playing with certificates once more) is on its way (soon to be arrived).

The eclipse error I mentioned on item (1) in the first email is this one: http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered

It's weird that it sometimes works well, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it's worth mentioning in the guides about this error (not caused by AeroGear). Today, it worked for me, yesterday (even if I imported the project again and again - restarted the eclipse and tried again) it was not working at all.

Some more info inline.

Kind regards,

Yavuz Selim Yilmaz
SUNY at Buffalo
Computer Science and Engineering
PhD Candidate

On Jul 31, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Karel Piwko <kpiwko@redhat.com> wrote:

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 02:23:07 +0200
Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org> wrote:

Hello Yavuz,

thanks for trying out the new bits - comments inline;

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Yavuz Selim YILMAZ

Hi all,

I was trying out unified push server with my production app. Here are some
of the issues I encountered. Any helps and directions are appreciated.

1- I cloned aerogear-unified-push-server master branch, and imported to
eclipse. it was not compiling (I think because of m2e issues).

Not compiling ? Or Eclipse error/warnings (which is different from having
java code that is not compiling)

Yavuz, what Maven version are you using in Eclipse?

Using eclipse Juno (Version: 4.2.2 Build id: M20130204-1200)
Maven: Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 12:31:09-0500)
m2e: version

I have seen in pom.xml file a fix for that already, but on my machine that
fix was not working either. so, I needed to change maven-compiler-plugin's
execution id to "test-compile". it then compiled, and deployed successfully.

2- Then I followed the instructions here:
Here, login command hangs with a message saying "no chunk, no close, no
size. Assume close to signal end". And I hit Ctrl + C. Then tried again,
same thing. And then I proceeded (with Ctrl + C), and everything else seem
fine, and I could add my

Matthias Wessendorf

blog: http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/
sessions: http://www.slideshare.net/mwessendorf
twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf
aerogear-dev mailing list