Resending to hibernate-dev list.
On 08/04/2009 10:37 AM, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
Source code for this is currently located in an Infinispan branch in the
Hibernate SVN repo:
I've picked this JIRA from Chris Bredesen. I'm waiting to get an answer
to an email I sent him yesterday but in the mean time, here's a list of
1. Current Infinispan region factory needs to point to a config with
named caches. Suggested property name: hibernate.cache.region.ispn4.configs
2. Need a equivalent version of this region factory where cache manager
is retrieved from JNDI. Suggsted property name:
3. Configuration properties for named cache names. Suggested property
4. Resolve TransactionalAccess, ReadOnlyAccess and BaseRegion TODOs.
5. Enhance query results region so that query changes are not propagated
if invalidation is used and add query.localonly equivalent property.
Suggested name: hibernate.cache.region.ispn4.query.localonly
6. Add more unit tests!
7. Document in wiki.
Some notes I've made while investigating this:
- Whereas with JBC2/3, we had the possibility of a shared cache for all
types (entities, collections, query,...etc) and a multiplexed version
where each type had a specific cache, in Infinispan, it only makes the
latter. Amongst other reasons because we don't have eviction regions any
more and so we can't exclude the timestamp modification region as we did
in JBC2/3. Overall, having a single option is a good thing from a
configuration and usability perspective! Remember how complex eviction
region definition could get for entities...
Finally, a question to the list, specially for Brian/Steve who worked on
the JBC2/3 integration layer:
- Do we need a similar timestamp region local cache implementation for
an ISPN based cache provider?
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache