I vote against this. It's way to late to start making changes unless absolutely critical. At the moment we're just doing what WildFly/EAP does out of the box and I don't see any need for us to do different to them.
I'd like to make the following changes to domain.xml that we distribute
so that it runs as a cluster with a load balance out of the box on one
* remove the "default" profile. Users should really only be using
domain mode with a cluster
* remove host.xml. Its confusing to have both a host.xml and a
* host-master.xml will boot only 1 server ("server-one")
* host-slave.xml will boot only 1 server ("server-two")
* Pre-configure a undertow load balancer  to loadbalance between
server one and server two
* Point H2 to a shared directory under domain/servers
I've checked that this setup works on my laptop. I hope to write a
Getting Started Guide around this too.
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
keycloak-dev mailing list