[aerogear-dev] Aerogear-Android Push Branch with Maven

Tommy McCarthy tomccart at redhat.com
Wed Jul 3 15:02:15 EDT 2013

Hey everyone,
I've been looking to rebuild aerogear-android for my OpenShift instance. Currently, the older master branch is live, and I want to update to the push branch due to the changes in the code (namely unifiedpush).

So, I'm trying to build aerogear-android's push branch with "mvn package". My repo is up to date.

The error I'm getting is:
"package com.google.android.gms.gcm does not exist", and then further has issues with Registrar.java, looking for the GCM classes that aren't there.

I have the SDK deployer installed, and the symlinks for "aapt" and other tools. I've tried a few things including changing the SDK version in the POM, and a few other things that my Google-fu has uncovered.

Any suggestions for me to be able to proceed? Thanks in advance!
Apologies if it's something simple I'm overlooking ;)

---
Tommy McCarthy