[aerogear-dev] Bundling Dependencies

Lucas Holmquist lucas.holmquist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 09:13:21 EDT 2013

On Jul 8, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:

> Technically, you can use it that way. I use the individual files in the unit tests for example. It's just more convenient for users to have a single built file to include.
>
> On Jul 8, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Douglas Campos <qmx at qmx.me> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 07:03:07AM -0500, Kris Borchers wrote:
>>> Do I bundle those files into AeroGear.js as part of the build when
>>> those adapters are included or not? The reason I did not is because
>>> they are external dependencies and I didn't want them bloating the
>>> file size just like we do with jQuery. That said, it's obviously easy
>>> to not realize you need those files, especially if you grab
>>> AeroGear.js and don't intend on using the Notifier bits or just grab
>>> it and throw it in a page and see those errors as qmx did.
>> Lemme turn it the other way around: why don't we have aerogear.js being
>> the core bits, and aerogear-notifier.js as a separate thing?
>>
>> I mean, all those dependencies should be opt-in instead of opt-out IMO

hmm, that could be interesting,  sort of like ember and ember data .  use have to opt in for that,

so could the break out be:

aerogear.js
aerogear-notifier.js
aerogear-someotherreallycoolfeature.js

but for new things that don't need extra dependcies,  would they be include in the "core" file.  so something like the indexedDB or WebSQL data manger adapter