[aerogear-dev] New proposal: Making integration test specific repo

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 04:31:46 EDT 2013

Hi all,

there were already plenty of discussions about integration tests in Aerogear
[1-6]. As these are something most people want to execute in CI only and QE
wants to have better control over commits, I'd like to introduce new model that
I hope will improve current state:

* Integration tests are hosted in separate repository, e.g.
  aerogear/aerogear-test-harness
* Aerogear components do not contain integration tests
* Aerogear components have .travis.yml modified to clone aerogear-test-harness
  repository and execute appropriate component integration tests in CI after
  each commit into component
* QE and devs have commit access to aerogear-test-harness repository
* Aerogear-test-harness contains modules per integration test scenario, e.g.
  a module for unified-push-server or a module for simple-push-server. Any
  module can use different tools and/or language, whatever fits the test
  scenario best way.

Tolis already solved outstanding technical problems, either it is requirement to
depend on latest component state without polluting repository with local
installation, versioning or ability to make it importable to an IDE.

Let me know if you like it, we can proceed filling its content today.

Thanks,

Karel

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2013-May/002471.html
[2] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2013-July/003912.html