[aerogear-dev] Versioning x Roadmap x Jiras puzzle

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Thu Jun 13 10:34:28 EDT 2013

Good morning all, today I was thinking about a problem that the other
projects might face with.

Our versioning policy is pretty straightforward
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/reference/AeroGearVersioningPolicy/ and
to me makes sense. Here comes the problem, as you know
aerogear-security-shiro was released and would be crazy to start with
1.0.x, for this reason I started with 0.1.0. Question:

- Where 0.1.0 release should be into the roadmap?
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/planning/roadmaps/AeroGearSecurity/

Might be confusing if we just add 0.1.0 into the roadmap.

- How to properly file jiras?
The correct would be 0.1.0 for jiras associated with
aerogear-security-shiro, but might be very confusing for newcomers when
they start to look at our roadmap.

- In the situation where you must bump the minor release, for example
aerogear-security 1.0.2. What's the appropriate approach to follow?
Create a new release on Jira and update the roadmap?

I'm asking these questions because is impossible our components have the
same version of the others with projects growth.
--
abstractj