[aerogear-dev] Android Push Client Features

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 10:02:34 EDT 2013

Last week I showed off some simple code to register an Android
application for push and committed some code to handle talking to the
unified push server.

This week I'm looking at what the Android library can add to an application.

One of the things which is annoying to do is get the content from a Push
message into the currently running Activity (and don't get me started on
Fragments...) on the current main thread.

Here is my idea: (warning pseudocode gist)

https://gist.github.com/secondsun/5797051

In theory if the user is running Android 4.0 or great we can handle the
attach/detach for the user.

WDYT?