[aerogear-dev] packaging external Deps with Aerogear.js

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Jun 17 16:35:24 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2013, at 2:47 PM, Lucas Holmquist <lholmqui at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> i can agree with that.
>
> I know where to get the socks-client.js and the vertxbus.js,   but where
> is the stomp.js file from
>

> Well, it came from here
> https://github.com/hornetq/hornetq/blob/master/examples/jms/stomp-websockets/chat/stomp.js
>
> After looking at that though, I have no idea where it came from.

Jeff's stomp.js is "located" here:
https://github.com/jmesnil/stomp-websocket/tree/master/dist

> Is it a general STOMP JS impl, is it hornetq specific?

General. Used by:
* Apache ActiveMQ (+ Apollo)
* HornetMQ
* RabbitMQ
others

Remember: was used on the very first iteration of the "simple" SimplePush
bits (the hacked HornetQ demo(

> I have no idea. Also, the first comment in that file also troubles me …
> making me consider not doing a STOMP

Regardless of coffeescript or not, not sure if we really do need a
"Stomp.js Adapter", right now... I guess, that a "stomp adapter" does make
sense, when we really support "messaging" (e.g. JMS, AMQP or even MQTT on
the backend).

> adapter but not sure if just the vert.x adapter is enough for now.

the vert.x eventbus "JS file" is backed by SockJS. It offers _similar_
functionality to stomp.js (at the end: all pub/sub)