[aerogear-dev] Unified Push Server user management questions

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Jun 27 03:12:46 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Hylke Bons <hbons at redhat.com> wrote:

>>>  i was looking at this again and a question popped into my head.
>>>  Doesn't each variant need there own certificate/google key.
>>>
>>>  So, for example, we have an "HR App",  this app has 3 variants
>>>  1. free version
>>>  2. paid version
>>>  3. some other really cool version
>>>
>>>  i'm assuming that should be 3 different certs/keys ( for development,
>>> another set for prod ). i'm not sure the wireframes represent this correctly
>>>

>>  yes. the spec is indicating that!
>> Does the UI lead to confusion?
>>

>>  In it's current wireframe form yes.
>>
>>  But with this confirmation.  we should be good going forward
>>

> I don't see this in the spec.
> Can you point me to the lines that mention this?

See:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear.org/blob/master/docs/specs/aerogear-server-push/index.markdown#mobile-variant

"There can be multiple variants for a *Push Application* (e.g. HR Android, HR
iPad,HR iPhone free, HR iPhone premium or HR Mobile Web). A *Mobile
Variant* contains
platform specific properties, such as a*Google API key* (Android) "

So... for me that is clear if I have:
* HR-iOS-Tablet free
* HR-iOS-Tablet paid
* HR-iOS-Phone free
* HR-Android-Phone paid
* HR-Android-Watch free

that every of these variants have different certs/keys (since they all do
have different APP IDs in the appstore(s) as well)

-Matthias