[aerogear-dev] OTP.js

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed May 1 09:01:40 EDT 2013

Interesting !
A few questions (and sorry for maybe the silly questions) :

* In the gist, it's mentioned that the secret is stored in the Session
Local, a secret is supposed to be reused, right ? But with session Local,
the secret will be deleted after each session, did you maybe mean Local
Storage ? Or does the secret is passed at each new session (which feels
strange...) ?

* If the secret is stored on the browser and can an user login on this
webapp when using another device (has to register again) ?

* The secret is passed over the network the first time, isn't that
dangerous ;) ?

* Option 4, with behind the scene flow, avoid the users to switch between
an OTP and a login screen, right ? That seems a nice option

* Is something like image based authentication maybe an option to
investigate (identify the cat, the boat etc ...)
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Confident-Technologies-Delivers-Image-Based-Multifactor-Authentication-Strengthen-Passwords-1342854.htm

Sebi