[aerogear-dev] Imporovements to Push Server draft (Was: Some questions about the Unified Push Server...)

Hylke Bons hbons at redhat.com
Thu May 30 06:14:39 EDT 2013

Is it a "platform"? I don't see that anywhere on the Mozilla SimplePush
wiki page...

Anyway, using that term there feels very out of place. Developers don't
create applications for "SimplePush", they create apps for iOS, Android
or the web. It makes much more sense from the end user point of view
(this was slightly confusing to me on the home page as well, where the
platforms are listed). It also prevents potential confusion where we
have to deal with both Push Networks and Mobile Variants in the admin
UI. I strongly recommend keeping these strictly separated (unless I'm
seeing something obviously wrong, please let me know).

Thanks,

Hylke