[aerogear-dev] automated plugin release

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 07:27:48 EDT 2014

Sounds great.

I'd like to contribute with integration tests (for Android part) we have and add
them to the release process script (we use gradle/maven/java, so it should be
easy to combine).

Here is the itest workflow
1/ create a cordova app via cli (using to-be-release-version plugin)
2/ build app
3/ start android emulator/connect to real device
4/ deploy ups (or use openshift instance)
5/ install app
6/ execute test
	a/ check app is registered
	b/ send message
	c/ check message is received - various variants (foreground,
	background, etc)
7/ cleanup (uninstall, stop, etc)

All but step 1/ are currently automated for Cordova/Android. For iOS is it more
complicated, given the fact you can't test APNs in simulator.

Karel