[aerogear-dev] Modularization and Push

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 07:56:40 EDT 2014

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:10:07 -0400
Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com> wrote:

> The plan as I see it (and passos can correct me) is that we would keep
> aerogear-android as it is and create a "forked" project which is only
> aerogear-android-gcm-push and the bits it needs with no dependency on
> aerogear-android.  This MAY be a jar but will probably be an apklib and
> aar artifact.

AIUI it does not matter that whether it will be jar/apklib/aar. The point is
that the file(s) is published somewhere (Maven Central) wherefrom others can
consume it using build system we plan to support (Maven, Gradle, ...).

> We (android) don't want to modularize the whole project right now
> because that will be a lot of work to maintain 1.x compatibility for
> semver and we aren't ready to build 2.0 yet.

Semver allows pre-release versions. So there should be no concerns to start
releasing what you have right now using 2.0.0-alpha-X versions.