[aerogear-dev] Stuck in spConnect()

Michi Oshima michi.oshima at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:50:17 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to adapt the sample code under
aerogear-simplepush-unifiedpush-quickstart<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-simplepush-unifiedpush-quickstart>for
my application.  I'm having a problem inside spConnect()
function<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-simplepush-unifiedpush-quickstart/blob/master/js/unifiedpush.js#L15>
.

When I first ran my code PushManager.register() call was successful, and it
returned a pushEndpoint.  But I had mistyped the code somewhere below and I
never got to call
UPClient.registerWithPushServer(...)<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-simplepush-unifiedpush-quickstart/blob/master/js/unifiedpush.js#L50>
.

Every subsequent run of the spConnect() function skips the line to call
UPClient.registerWithPushServer(...), because PushManager.register() call
doesn't return a pushEndpoint.  (That's what you check in this
line<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-simplepush-unifiedpush-quickstart/blob/master/js/unifiedpush.js#L29>,
correct?)

I'm guessing that I am somehow successfully registered with the simple push
server, but not with the unified push server.  I'm very new to AeroGear, so
I'm not at all sure.

   1. How should I best recover from this?
   2. If I'm correct about what's going on, how should I rearrange the code
   so that I can properly handle the situation where I'm registered with the
   simple push server but not with the unified push server?

Thank you,

Michi Oshima