[aerogear-dev] Redirecting http requests

A577127 antoine.matyja at worldline.com
Tue Apr 8 05:22:18 EDT 2014

Hello,

I want to bench the AeroGear UnifiedPush Server. I've decided to make it
quickly (and dirty) by editing the URL for GCM push notifications
(https://android.googleapis.com/gcm/send) to another (localhost:1234).

Since the UnifiedPush Server uses Google's java gcm server library, I've
downloaded the original code ( here
<https://code.google.com/p/gcm/source/checkout>  ) and edited the
Constants.java to replace the "GCM_SEND_ENDPOINT" constant. It seems ok, I
create my .jar (gcm-server.jar) and install it locally with maven. Then I
edited the file unifiedpush-push/pom.xml to add the dependancy instead of
the old jar (com.ganyo).

Everything seems ok, I deployed my .war file. But surprise ! I can still
send push notifications to my device... (it's the first time I've been sad
that sending a push notification worked :))
I even checked inside the .war file
(jboss-eap-6.2\standalone\deployments\ag-push.war\WEB-INF\lib\gcm-server-1.0.2.jar\com\google\android\gcm\server\),
the file Constants.class contains my custom URL instead of the classic gcm
send url.

How is that possible ? Is the gcm send endpoint url stored somewhere I
missed ?

Thanks in advance