[aerogear-dev] aerogear-push-helloworld cordova version fails to register

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Apr 28 17:25:56 EDT 2014

Hello Brett,

I think the one in the Cordova repo is outdated; the HelloWorls uses an u
released version.

Clone this:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-pushplugin-cordova/

And do a "cordova plugin add $FOLDER"

On the existing I think you need to remove the old before; To be safe, I'd
just start from scratch

Hope this helps,
Matthias

On Monday, April 28, 2014, chinballs <brett.mclain at potashcorp.com> wrote:

> I am currently unable to get the cordova version of the hello world app to
> run on my 4.3 android phone.  I have built and deployed the android version
> successfully. It registers with my push server (shows up in the variant)
> that is hosted on open shift, receives messages that I send out, etc.
>
> The cordova version is another story.  I ran cordova add android, then
> cordova plugin add org.jboss.aerogear.cordova.push; both completed
> successfully.  I then used the exact same configuration from the android
> version to replace the values in index.js to act as my configuration.
>
> I then ran cordova build android, and cordova run android.  The application
> installs successfully on my phone, runs, and tells me that is has
> registered
> successfully.  However, when I look at my variant, I don't see it
> registered.  I have added logging messages to the aerogear-push.js file,
> and
> can confirm that the register() function is not returning prematurely.
>
> I then verified that nothing funny was showing up in the logs with regards
> to anything related to aerogear, cordova, or the push service. The only
> message of any note was this:
>
> I/dalvikvm( 6598): Could not find method
> org.apache.cordova.CordovaWebView.setWebContentsDebuggingEnabled,
> referenced
> from method org.apache.cordova.CordovaWebView.setup
> W/dalvikvm( 6598): VFY: unable to resolve static method 26844:
> Lorg/apache/cordova/CordovaWebView;.setWebContentsDebuggingEnabled (Z)V
>
> Other than that, there are no errors, no warnings, nothing.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas for how to debug this further? I'm pretty
> stumped
> at this point as to why it's saying it registered successfully when it
> clearly didn't.  Here are the other debugging steps that I took:
>
> a.) Created a new application on the push server with a new variant.  I was
> concerned that since I already used the android version on this phone that
> it wouldn't register with the cordova application.  I changed over the
> details of the cordova application in the index.js file and nothing
> changed.
> b.) I tried changing the configuration in index.js to some garbage URL with
> bogus variant information and the application doesn't hiccup at all, it
> still says that it registered successfully, and all the log messages
> indicate that everything went well.  This leads me to believe that it's not
> even bothering to call out at all...

Sent from Gmail Mobile