[aerogear-dev] [UnifiedPush Server] Way to 1.0.0.Final

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Aug 15 07:39:03 EDT 2014

Hello team!

1.0.0.Beta2 is out and 1.0.0.Final is around the corner!

The list of open JIRAs is looking really good (see [1]). The most tickets
are around our quickstart demos and documentation. There are a few tickets
that require commits to the UPS itself. Gabriel did a review of the UX/UI
and filed three tickets (AGPUSH-934, AGPUSH-935 and AGPUSH-936) that he and
Lukas will be working on.

The release date for the 1.0.0.Final will be August 25th/26th and therefore
I propose to do a 'code freeze' for the UPS around the 19th or 20th August
to ensure its stability. However, in case something comes up (e.g. during
testing), I think only 'blocker' or 'critical' fixes should be allowed to
be merged during that time. Goal is to minimize risks!

Once the UPS 1.0.0.Final is out, there are a few 1.0.x release planed to
address things (if needed) and picking up new releases of our own
dependencies (e.g. Keycloak)

Any thoughts ?

Greetings, Matthias

[1]